Place Value and Number Sense
Skip count by 25's, 50's, 100's to 1,000
- Count by 100's at Free Math Test
Read and write whole numbers to 1,000
- Cookie Dough - type the word that corresponds to the numeral
- Do the reverse and type in the number that corresponds with the word.
- Find the missing number - find the butterfly that holds the missing number
- Numeracy Games - many games dealing with numeration
- Really Big Numbers - Enter a number then click the Click here button to see how to write it.
- Reading 3 digit numbers - match the numeral with the number words
Compare and order numbers to 1,000
- Comparing Two Numbers - comparing 4 to 6 digit numbers.
- Greater or Smaller - Compare two numbers.
- comparing one digit numbers | comparing two digit numbers | comparing three digit numbers
- Less Than Lake Maze - Pick numbers less than the one chosen before and work your way across the lake.
- More Than Marsh - Pick numbers more than the one chosen before and work your way across the marsh.
- One False Move -Start with the lowest number and work your way up . If you don't know where to start, try using the map.
- One False Move -Start with the highest number and work your way down . If you don't know where to start, try using the map.
- Practice comparison at FreeMathTest numbers from 0 to 10, numbers from 10 to 50, numbers from 50 to 100.
Understand the place value structure of the base ten number system:
10 ones = 1 ten
10 tens = 1 hundred
10 hundreds = 1 thousand
- Identifying Place Values - when given a numeral, identify the place value of the digits
- My Place - learn that the value of a digit is determined by the placement of that digit
- Place Value - this video lesson explains place value in whole numbers and decimal numbers, and then gives your students the chance to show understanding on a quiz.
- Place Value - Enter your own number or generate a random number, then answer questions about the place values
- Place Value Party - Choose any ages to start, then trade candles until both cakes have the same number.
- Place Value Strategy - [game for one or two players] a spinner is used to select a number, players then decide where to place the number in order to make the greatest possible decimal value
- Place Value in Words and Numbers - type correct numeral to represent the words
- Practice place value at FreeMathTest - numbers 10 to 99, numbers 100 to 999, numbers 1000 to 9999
- Specific Place - find the numeral in a specific place value
Use a variety of strategies to compose and decompose three-digit numbers
1. Expanded Form of Numbers - write the numeral the expanded form represents
2. Trading Game - explore regrouping using place value blocks
Use and explain the commutative property of addition and multiplication
Use 1 as the identity element for multiplication
Use the zero property of multiplication
Understand and use the associative property of addition
Identify odd and even numbers
- Ghost Blasters (Odd) - Click on ghosts that are even numbers. Click as many times as you can, you can get multiple points on each ghost.
- Ghost Blasters (Even) - Click on ghosts that are even numbers. Click as many times as you can, you can get multiple points on each ghost.
- Me Too - [ this link opens on a new page ] classify whole numbers as odd or even
- Twins - [ this link opens on a new page ] identify odd and even numbers
Develop an understanding of the properties of odd/even numbers
as a result of addition or subtraction
Estimate numbers up to 500
Recognize real world situations in which an estimate (rounding) is